Sunday 8 February 2009

Bits and bobs...

A bizarre version of a chest of drawers. I've noticed lately that a lot of things, jewelery, clothes and furniture are made from old things that have been reworked. For example Urban Outfitters has a section dedicated to old pieces of clothing that have been remade, lots of jewelery I've seen lately have been made from old watches or other discarded ephemera. And finally a lot of furniture, especially sets of drawers are made from already existing drawers that are put together to make something new. Although usually not quite as crazily as this one. What do you think, are people being lazy, or finding innovative ways to be echo-friendly.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think it's lazy, or eco-friendly.
    I think it's a creative use of things that people would think of as junk.

    It makes me want to go to that huge market that I haven't visited yet.

    ReplyDelete